We present a rendez-vous with Himanshu Choudhary, the man behind Zuppit. A great load to take in, absorb and implement!
- Name of Startup
Zuppit Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- What is the startup about? What does it deal with?
We are developing different types of technologies around content to deliver enhanced and quality experience to consumers on mobile platforms. With gigabytes of content being generated every second, it is imperative that some mechanism must be devised to bring coherence to that data.
- What according to you is the USP of your startup? Why do you think people should avail the services provided by your startup?
It is the technology we have built. Our technology is language flexible and can generate quality content from scores of sources. Also, we strive to provide our customers with top notch user experience.
- What was the inspiration behind launching this startup?
“Technology is best when it generates and adds value to the society.”
Consumption of content with technology will definitely enhance reading experience of people by providing them with exactly what is required – nothing less, nothing more. We intend to launch products in verticals like – News, Health, Education, Law, Finance & daily use, thus, empowering people to do more.
- What do you want to say to budding entrepreneurs who are still shying away from following this unconventional path?
If you want to learn and explore don’t be shy, just try. Because, at the end of the day, it’s not only about earning money and building a company, it’s also about the adventurous experience and the learnings you take away from failures and successes alike.
- How do you plan to /did you pitch your idea and convince the VCs when you are still attending college?
There are two important things VCs look at before giving you money – Team, Market.
It is very important to get both the things right. If you have this right, hard work and dedication will be more than enough to pull you through.
Coming to pitching – with the IIT Delhi brand name, it is easy to score meetings, how you perform is up to you.
- What are the challenges that you’re facing?
The biggest challenge I have faced is to start. Taking that big leap of faith is the most difficult thing that you do while starting up. But, once you start, once you do take that leap of faith, everything falls in place. Even if you are stuck somewhere, there’s always someone (a friend, a senior, an alumni, etc.) who would love to help you out.
- What motivates you to give up the ‘safe’ path of taking up a job and instead start off from scratch?
I just want share great lines of Tony gaskins with you guys “if you don’t build your dreams someone will hire you to build theirs”.
- Where do you see your venture ten years from now?
I would like to see my company successfully generating value for the society and still yearning to do more and more.
- What role has the college and city played in assisting and providing you an environment for setting up your venture?
IIT Delhi is the place which makes me whatever I am today. The support from friends, professors and alumni has helped me make this leap of faith and succeed in life. Apart from this, I was connected to eDC, IIT Delhi and attended various events organized by them which helped me align my thinking process and meet like-minded people and investors.
- What other activities in college do you think would encourage more people to start with a venture of their own?
Strive to do best in whatever you are doing. Attitude is what matters most. If you have that never dyeing spirit, you will definitely succeed.
- How do you network with other people outside the campus?
Events organized by eDC inside the campus and other entrepreneurial networks outside the campus helped me build a good network. Apart from this, a big support comes from IIT Delhi Alumnus. It’s always a delight to help out fellow IITians, my seniors supported me, I would love to support anyone who comes to me.
- What is that one thing in your idea/venture that you think is different and is going to stick with people?
The products we have built, create immense value to the consumers by enabling them to do more.