So, I sat down to writing this article, and drew a blank! What is it that people have never read before and yet will instantly relate to? And, I realize this is exactly the problem, which many budding entrepreneurs face. Many students want to launch their own start-ups, but are clueless about that new, innovative idea which will make their start-up tick. We scratch our heads, and try to take cue from the pre- existing models, but forget (or maybe are too scared!) to think OUT OF THE BOX.
So what are the 5 most important things which successful entrepreneurs have done to ensure that their idea is the BIG earner?
- Abstain from cut-copy-paste : Human tendency is such, that we love to follow others blindly. If the work is easily served on a platter, no one wishes to toil hard for it. But nothing works better than originality. That “new” factor is sure to shine! Often this factor is a minor tweak on existing blueprint, but it warrants originality creativity.
- Don’t shy away from advice : Your idea may have everything that you want, but before raising the stakes on it, make sure to consult your seniors. Accept the fact that people, who’ve already treaded on the same path before you, will have more experience and can guide you better!
- Take risks (gut factor!) : Consulting elders can never be an excuse to stop following your instinct. Remember, listen to everyone, but at the end do what you really want to do! Mark Zuckerberg remains not the most wise, or smart, but the most fearless amongst our generation. His belief, : “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.”
- Modify and renovate : So, you have that great idea, which you think will bring you the bucks, but it is always necessary to change and reinvent according to the time and place. Obstinacy more often than not proves detrimental to one’s success. There are a lot of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and that is, to change the world.
- Fall, but get up! : Making mistakes is not a crime. In fact, it is just a stepping stone for you to learn and try again. So, don’t be disheartened by your failures and make sure that you make them count! After all, a person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Henry Ford once remarked, “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
These are just a few bullets for you to ponder; no one’s stopping you to add your own! So follow your heart and take the plunge!